Finally, after a stupendously long beta period, here is the long awaited gold release of TX16Wx 2.4.0.
There are a plethora of new, exciting features in this release, not the least new program importers for Akai and EXS material, new modulation options, filters and other goodies.
There is also a lot of bug fixes and stability improvements, along with some nice eye candy in the UI and a new, large skin for those with high DPI / small screen area displays.
- OSX / Windows Vista / Windows 7 “missing file” dialog now includes a “search” option
- Load/Save progress indicator now includes an “Abort” button
- Added a “via” cross modulation parameter to modulation entries, allowing control of modulation strength by other modulator
- Added selectable round-robin source for wave matrix / group switcher
- Added “toggle” trigger mode
- Added large UI skin
- Added import of EXS format instruments
- Added import of AKP format instruments
- Added 6db low/high pass filter
- Added Direct Midi CC as modulation source
- Added support for VST2 micro tuning
- Added optional support for bank select to address more than 128 programs via MIDI program change
- Added optional program/performance number display in drop down selectors
- Added program/performance re-ordering dialog
- Added user selectable program icons
- Skins now handle CSS “import”
- UI size is now constrained by minimum size of applied skin
- UI skins loading time improved
- Default skin + graphics are now delivered as external files as well as resources.
- SFZ import now honors Midi CC trigger switch
- Save and other edits now disabled while previewing material
- Fixed issue where editing wave matrix source settings was applied to all objects, not just selected.
- Fixed import of Sound fonts with non-symmetric/broken stereo pair definitions
- Fixed CoreObject leaks and errors on OSX
- Fixed COM leaks and errors on Windows
- Fixed host not notified on performance change
- Fixed crash when running in bridged mode in some hosts
Many thanks to all of you who participated in the beta program and helped make this a great release.
Download as usual from www.tx16wx.com.
P.S. I know I promised a 2.5 release already this summer. As it looks now, that will be significantly delayed, due to other projects taking precedence. But on the bright side, there is a lot going on in the code labs, and with a little luck you might be pleasantly surprised by the end results.